May 22, 2012
Germanium Amplifier Boost Effect Pedal by Dazatronyx Demo
WATCH IN HD FOR BEST SOUND
So, honestly, I don’t have much to say about this pedal save for a few words….. it is BY FAR one of the most essential pedals you should have in your live arsenal. This is the real deal guys, super simple and easy to use…. sure, it’s just a boost, but this pedal will effectively transform your amp into a vintage voiced amp. It’ll add girth to a thin guitar and can thin out beefy humbuckers. With just one stomp on this box, you will can completely change the overall tone of your amp. I know a lot of you guys are White Stripes and Black Keys fans… this pedal can easily give you those sweet Auerbach OD and dirt tones and combine this with a Big Muff and get some of those Jack White screechy solo tones. As Dazatronyx says, it is not for the hi-fi junky…. but then again, none of our favorite vintage gear really was, which is one of the things that made them sound so raw and awesome. Honestly, the price is right, the size is small, it looks beautiful…. I just don’t have anything else to say about it. It’s my new secret tool and I plan to be using this thing like crazy when I record in the studio this summer. Fuzzboxgirl out!
From the Dazatronyx website:
The germanium amplifier is constructed with a single AC128 ‘tin can’ PNP transistor. The AC128 has a rich history in musical effects for its natural and organic-sounding properties. Germanium transistors were used before the introduction of silicon and have become increasingly rare to find in suitable condition with low leakage and suitable gain. As such, each transistor must be hand selected and tested.
The pedal behaves very much like a vacuum tube amplifier. Use it to boost your lead tones, or to push your amp and add body and sustain. This can effectively add an extra high-gain channel switch to your amp. The frequency switch adds tone-shaping functionality:
* Full Cream: Point the knob straight up and leave it there to add vintage body and fatten your tone. Crank it all the way for a full cream boost.
* Bright: A tweed-like boost that creates sparkling clean tones and bright leads. Tighten your high end for lead boosts that are high on the neck where you need extra definition. Use before distortions and fuzzes to create a more natural overdrive sound.
* Mid: Effective at isolating your stage tone and cutting through a live mix without getting too woolly. Can be used to fatten the tone slightly of single coil pickups to resemble humbuckers.
Every unit is individually biased with an internal multiple-turn trimpot. This can be tuned by ear to balance output volume, clipping, tone and noise. Power supply filtering has also been added with a protection diode. The circuit runs with a negative ground so that it can share a common supply with other pedals.
This is not a pedal for the hi-fi junkie! The transistor inside is pushed right to the limits and beyond to a point where a hard strum will cause the sound to break up.
The transistor remains running in standby mode while the unit is in bypass. To turn the unit off, disconnect the input jack.
For best performance use only a battery or a high quality regulated power supply designed for audio use.
* Class A, AC128 PNP germanium transistor.
* Frequency selection switch (mid, bright, full cream).
* Fast action 3PDT true bypass foot switch.
* High visibility 10mm status lamp.
* Durable powder coated finish.
* Polypropylene equalization capacitors.
* DC input socket.
* Individually biased.
* Extra thick, compact diecast aluminum enclosure.
* Highest quality components and construction.
* Two year warranty + manual.
KLH custom relics fuzzcaster
Lots of Bullet Cable
Fuzzbox Cocktail- Red headed step child